Hitler has imposed a new categorical imperative upon [. .] humanity: to arrange their thinking and conduct, so that Auschwitz never repeats itself, so that nothing similar ever happen again.
Adorno, Negative Dialectics, Part Three, III, §2, Redmond translation
My news (updated 14th April)
- Philosophy at the Wivenhoe Bookshop. The second part of the afternoon version of my ‘Philosophy and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ course starts May 6th. (There is a poster for that ‘philosophy tea’ here.) A new course, ‘Philosophy and the Everyday’ (syllabus) starts May 6th (and not on the date advertised previously, viz. 29th April). For further details of all these course, and for booking, please see this page of the Wivenhoe Bookshop’s website.
- Since January I have been teaching with Learning for Pleasure, Brentwood. Here is the syllabus for a course that I ran there in January. Later this year I will be running a political philosophy course there.
- I have become a tutor at Tavistock Tutors.
Philosophy and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (book)
- General information on the book.
- ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide and Philosophy: An Interview’ (with me).
- Slides from my Hitchhiker’s Towel Day talk (Cambridge 2013).
Further materials: please click the ‘≡’ icon at the top right.