Hitler has imposed a new categorical imperative upon humanity [. .]: to arrange their thinking and conduct, so that Auschwitz never repeats itself, so that nothing similar ever happen again.
— Adorno, Negative Dialectics
(Redmond translation, abridged)
- Donald Trump needs, and (in a way) is getting, ethics education from children – about ‘the importance of being kind to other people, even if they’re different than you are.’
- My piece, ‘Adorno and the Reproach that a View is “Too Subjective”’ has been (re)published by Four By Three Magazine. (It was published first by The Partially Examined Life.)
- ‘Philosophy Breakfast’ course at Wivenhoe Bookshop. A NEW COURSE on philosophy and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy starts January the 28th. Please see this page of the Wivenhoe Bookshop’s website and/or this syllabus.
- Since January I have been teaching with Learning for Pleasure, Brentwood. Here is the syllabus.
- I have become a tutor at Tavistock Tutors.
My BOOK and material related to it
- Philosophy and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (book)
- ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide and Philosophy: An Interview’ (with me)
- Slides from my Hitchhiker’s Towel Day talk (Cambridge 2013)
Further materials: please click the ‘≡’ icon at the top right.