‘[A] very readable and mind-expanding collection’ – The Guardian, 8/9/2012 (and online here)
Julian Baggini on the World Service’s Newshour programme (via BBC Listen Again) on Hitchhiker’s and how it is philosophical. That material starts 47 minutes through.
The slides from my Hitchhiker’s Towel Day talk (at Cambridge Central Library, May 25th 2013).
Radio interview from 12/09/2012: me talking about the Hitchhiker book with Sean Moncrieff on Newstalk Ireland.
- The aforementioned Guardian review is here.
- The book has a 4.5 out of 5 rating on Goodreads.
- Another review.
- Reviews are forthcoming in (1) Philosophy Now magazine (and there is a sort of draft of that review here), (2) the journal Philosophical Quarterly.
Try and Buy
Buy the Hitchhiker book (in handsome paperback or rather nice e-book) from
Excerpts (try before you buy!)
- the book’s front matter (PDF file) including the preface and the contents pages (the latter being separately available as a JPG) (and this whole bundle is the one available via the ‘send to’ link in the sidebar on the right of this page) ©
- part of the Introduction (PDF) ©
- the book’s index of ‘philosophers, sages, luminaries, and other thinking persons’ (webpage) ©
- a larger image of the cover (in a PDF) ©